The Test of Proficiency in Korean (TOPIK) is an examination that enables students to obtain one of the two internationally recognized certificates by the Korean government. Organized by the Korean government itself and hosted at the Singapore Korean International School, the examination is held twice a year in Singapore: April and November.
Students are tested in 2 different components during the examination for TOPIK 1(Level 1-2): MCQs of Listening Comprehension, Reading Comprehension. Whereas, TOPIK 2(Level 3-6), besides the MCQs of Listening Comprehension, Reading Comprehension, there will be an additional Writing component.
There are 6 levels in the TOPIK examination. The Beginner examination consists of Level 1 & 2, Intermediate examination consists of Level 3 & 4, and Advance examination consists of Level 5 & 6. E.g. For the Beginner examination, the Level 1 pass or Level 2 pass awarded to students will be dependent on the bell curve.
TOPIK 1 & 2 Exam Registration Details
- Date: 19th November 2017 (Sunday)
- Exam Time: 09:10 to 10:50 am (TOPIK 1); 12.20 to 15:50 pm (TOPIK 2)
- Venue: Singapore Korean International School (71 Bukit Tinggi Road Singapore 289759)
*All registrations have to be done directly with the Singapore Korean International School (http://klc.skis.kr/).
- Online Registration Period: 16th to 25 August 2017, 16:30 pm
- Fees: S$72 for TOPIK I/ S$80 for TOPIK II
Results Release Details
- Date: 21 December 2017, Thursday
- Candidates can check their scores through the Official TOPIK website (http://www.topik.go.kr).
- The official TOPIK certificate will be sent via registered mail after the results are released.
**Posted schedules are all subjected to changes.
include 4 sessions x 3 hours per session
|TOPIK 1 Exam Preparation Course||S$250|